Every once in a while I’m approached to do a product review. Sometimes I am interested, other times I am not. I like to spend my time using or writing about things I like, and I would rather not waste my time reviewing something I will just end up throwing out.
A few weeks (months) ago Katherine from Ear Peace contacted me about a review:
As an expert in home renovation, you are often exposed to loud noises. Whether you are driling, hammering or stapling, it is crucial to protect your hearing during the process.
The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders states that about 15 percent (26 million) of Americans between the ages of 20-69 have high frequency loss due to loud sound exposure, work-related noise and leisure activities. In fact, one in three adults and about 20 percent of teens suffer from hearing loss; these are some serious stats.
So what can we do to protect our hearing that’s easy, cost-effective and discreet? Get your peace of mind with EarPeace:http://www.earpeace.
Here are some key EarPeace highlights:
- Clear Hearing: EarPeace simultaneously protects hearing and provides high-quality sound. When used properly, EarPeace reduces sound pressure by 75 percent while maintaining sound fidelity. Hearing isn’t muffled.
- Comfortable and Safe: EarPeace is comfortable and made out of safe, strong, reusable hypoallergenic silicone.
- Discreet: EarPeace is a lifestyle brand, so it comes in three different skin tones.
- Convenient: EarPeace comes in a sleek stylish aluminum case you can conveniently carry on your keychain, purse, etc.
- Proven: EarPeace was tested by Michael & Associates, the leading independent lab in the country for measuring hearing protection performance.
- Affordable: EarPeace has an MSRP of $12.95 and offers a money back guarantee.
EarPeace is the first company to release a hearing protection product that matches superior sound experience with an appealing aesthetic. Users are able to clearly and comfortably enjoy the loud events they attend, talk to people around them, and leave without their ears ringing. People can enjoy life while protecting their hearing at the same time.
If you’re interested, we can send you EarPeace product for review.
I responded with a quick and straightforward email:
I value my hearing a lot. I love music and quality sound. The stereo in my first car was worth more than the car! During college I was a sound engineer and became accustomed to quality. As I age (not really) I pay attention to all the stresses on my ears. I wear ear protection when I mow, snowblow, weedwack, use powertools and any other loud noises. The one problem I always found was that headphones get in the way. So how did EarPeace stack up?
- Clear Hearing: I had to say I am really impressed with how clear I could hear with these in. I was able to have conversations with my wife and still have good protection when using my 40 year old snowblower. (8/10)
- Comfortable and Safe: The product was more comfortable than expected. Once I figured out how to put them in properly it worked well and they did not bother me at all! (10/10)
- Discreet: Honestly I do not care about this. My normal hearing protection is a set of big black headphones! But they do blend in and would be perfect for a concert! (8/10)
- Convenient: I was really impressed with the quality of the case. It is solid aluminum, nicely made and solid. I love that it fits perfectly in a compartment or can actually be put on your keychain. (10/10)
- Proven: They worked great for me and I am going to use them as long as they last. (10/10)
- Affordable: For under $20 these are pretty awesome. (10/10)